The Philippines-Australia Community Assistance Program (PACAP) has approved its fifth project under the Focal Community Assistance Scheme (FOCAS) entitled "Community-Based Enterprise: Effecting Community Development and Economic Empowerment in Four Barangays Surrounding Lake Mainit" last 23 May 2006 during its advisory committee meeting in Manila, says Surigao del Norte Provincial PACAP Program Officer, Mr. Ricardo D.G. Soto.
The grant of 3-years is worth Two Million Nine Hundred Nine Thousand Six Hundred Ten Pesos (P 2,999,610.00) and will be implemented by the Agri-Aqua Development Coalition-Mindanao (AADC-Mindanao).
The grant is divided into four components namely: a. Community Organizing (P1,018,060.00), b. Enterprise Development (P1,135,620.00), c. Project Management (P483,680.00), and d. Administrative Cost (P362,250.00).
The project is one of the 5 approved FOCAS Projects in Lake Mainit which are funded under AUSAID-PACAP.
The summary of each of the projects are as follows:
1. Mainit Community Based Resource Management
Barangays Tagbuyawan, Tapian, and Dayano in Mainit SDN
Proponent: AID Foundation
2. Riverbank Stabilization And Protection Project (Phase II)
Municipalities of Alegria (SDN) and Kitcharao (ADN)
Proponent: Lake Mainit Development and Alliance (LMDA)
3. Sustainable Upland Resource Enhancement for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development Project
Barangays Ima, Gacepan and Mayag in Sison SDN
Proponent: Caraga Consortium
4. Enhancing Upland and Lowland Farming Systems And Strengthening of Local Organizations
Barangay San Isidro, Marga, and Capayahan Tubod SDN
Proponent: Alterdev Services Foundation
5. Community-Based Enterprise & Effecting Community Development and Economic Empowerment in Four Barangays Surrounding Lake Mainit
Barangays San Roque and Canaway in Kitcharao and Barangays Cuyago & Bangonay in Jabonga ADN
Proponent: Agri-Aqua Development Coalition - Mindanao
By: Johny Natad - LMDA