The Philippines-Australia Community Assistance Program (PACAP) through its Provincial Project Officers (PPO) sponsored and facilitated the four-day Project Management Skills Training (PMST) last January 30 to February 2, 2007 at Balanghai Hotel & Convention Center, Butuan City. It was earnestly participated by Focal Community Assistance Scheme (FOCAS) Management Committee (FMC) Secretariats; FMC Representatives and Provincial Stakeholder Committee (PSC) representatives coming from Surigao del Norte and Agusan del Sur FOCAS clusters.
The said training aims to:
1. Clarified theories, challenges and trends in community development;
2. Defined the phases of project management and the processes involved;
3. Related and articulated their own experience in program/project management and shared among themselves insights and lessons learned;
4. Clarified planning, leading, organizing and controlling (PLOC)functions;
5. Identified strategies/techniques in marketing PACAP;
6. Acquired techniques on effective project proposal writing and packaging.
The training was facilitated by Ms. Imelda Caluen and Ms. Teresa Serrano from Development Academy of the Philippines with Ms. Monina Hernandez, PPO of Surigao del Norte and Mr. Jojo Fajardo, PPO of Agusan del Sur as the training management team and co-facilitators. g Johny S. Natad